WOWWWW!!! I felt like I hit the jack pot when I found this recipe. I am a fan of bananas but I don’t like them straight up. On greek yogurt, mixed in my oats, on a rice cake or protein pancake or in a shake are the ways I usually enjoy my bananas UNTIL..I saw this post on Chocolate Covered Katie for Breakfast Banana Pops!
Here is her original recipe with my notes
Breakfast Banana Pops
(2 bananas makes 4 pops)
- bananas (Or try this idea with strawberries, pineapple, etc.) – I used bananas
- yogurt of choice (Wholesoy, Almond Dream, Silk, etc.) – I use 0% Greek Yogurt
- granola of choice, or crushed cookies, or even S’mores Graham Crackers - used Kashi Granola
- add-on ideas: mini chocolate chips, coconut shreds, cinnamon sugar, raisins, etc. – I used shredded unsweetened coconut and melted peanut butter
- popsicle sticks or silverware to insert in the bananas
Procedure: Pour granola into a very shallow dish or plate. Peel bananas, cut in half, and insert popsicle sticks. Dip into yogurt (or coat with a knife), then roll into granola and add-ons. (I stuck the chips on by hand, after rolling in the granola.) Place on a parchment or wax-lined tray and freeze. Keep uneaten pops in the freezer.
I rolled my bananas in greek yogurt then added the granola and shredded unsweetened coconut. Last but not least I drizzled some melted natural peanut butter on them before putting them in the freezer. This is a child friendly delicious recipe! This will be a go to for me when I am in the mood for a popsicle.