OK people, when I first heard of this healthy cookie dough recipe I was extremely skeptical. Lets just say I was pleasantly surprised! The website where I found this recipe is my new favourite. I have a serious sweet tooth and this website provides me with so many awesome healthy alternatives to your average chocolatey delicious treats!
The website is Chocolate Covered Katie - http://chocolatecoveredkatie.com/
A couple notes about this recipe – I used a quarter cup of Adam’s Natural Peanut Butter, Unsweetened Almond Milk, dark chocolate chips, oats, and I also used about 2-3 tablespoons of agave nectar as my sweetener.
- 1 1/2 cups chickpeas (1 can, drained) (250g)
- 1/8 tsp plus 1/16 tsp salt
- tiny bit over 1/8 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup nut butter (You can get away with using only 3 T. If you use peanut butter, it’ll have a very-slight “pb cookie dough” taste, so if you don’t want this, you can sub oil.)
- up to 1/4 cup milk of choice (Start with 1 T, and add more as needed)
- Sweetener (see note below, for amount)
- 1/3 cup chocolate chips or Sugar-Free Chocolate Chips
- 2 to 3 T oats (or flaxmeal) (You can omit, but also omit the milk if you do)
Add all ingredients (except for chocolate chips) to a good food processor (not blender), and blend until very smooth. Then mix in the chocolate chips.
*These are notes directly from the Blog from Katie*
Sweetener Notes: I used 2/3 cup brown sugar when I first made this for the party. Liquid sweeteners (agave, maple, etc.) are fine as well, as is evaporated cane juice. You can easily get away with less sugar– some people will be perfectly fine with just 3 T for the whole recipe! And if you don’t want any sugar, be sure to check out the “no-sugar” version linked above. (You can also use stevia, if you like the taste of stevia-sweetened desserts. Try 2-3 packets of NuNaturals stevia, and add more sweetener if needed. I wouldn’t recommend serving an all-stevia version to party guests, though.)
This is one of my favourite recipes to date!! I know it sounds weird but try it before you judge, it’s simply amazing!